Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Highway wi-fi


This is not your typical Interstate rest area.

First, there is the view. A lake, an endless sky, a gorge and seagulls hundreds of miles from any ocean. Second, its connected.

I couldn't resist pulling in when I saw the sign that this rest area was a "wi-fi hotspot." For a mere $6.25 per day I became connected to a wireless Internet web portal offered by Road Connect America. If you did a great deal of traveling in areas where the rest stops were hotspots you might want to purchase the monthly contract for $24.95. I'm planning on being out of eastern Washington this afternoon so I bought the 24-hour service.

My next post will tell the story of a dream in George, Washington involving cherries, onions, asparagus, purple potatoes and an old gas station.

Don't you appreciate the sense of humor of the folks who named their town George, Washington? I wonder if there is a Martha? Or a Kermit?

No comments: